The name of the Society shall be the Irish Meteorological Society
The objectives of the Society are:
- The promotion of an interest in meteorology in Ireland
- The dissemination of meteorological knowledge, pure and applied.
Membership is open to all who have an interest in meteorology, ranging from those whose scientific speciality is meteorology or a related area to those whose work or leisure activities lead to a desire to be well informed about weather and climate. Honorary membership shall be granted at the discretion of the committee.
- The Society shall organise an Annual Guest Lecture
- A series of ordinary lectures may be presented, the frequency and location depending on the interest shown.
- Lectures for specialised groups may be organised
- A periodic bulletin shall be published to keep members informed of the society's activities and of recent developments in meteorology
- Such other activities as the committee feels appropriate shall be organised.
The Committee shall consist of a President, Vice-President, Secretary, Assistant Secretary, Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer and six ordinary members, all of whom shall be elected at an Annual General Meeting. The Committee may co-opt extra members as required.
The annual membership subscription shall be determined yearly by the committee. No member shall derive profit from the Society and in the event of dissolution, any assets shall be donated to some organisation of a similar character.
Additional information can be found in the Rules of the Society