Useful Weather Links
- Last Updated and links checked 13th April 2017
Irish Weather Forecasts
- Met Éireann Web site at http://www.met.ie includes forecasts, latest observations, satellite images, Hirlam charts and some climatological data.
- RTE Weather in co-operation in Met Éireann.
- Irish 5 Day Forecasts on the World Weather Information Service Web Site. This site contains official forecasts from participating National Met Services
- Forecast on http://www.breakingnews.ie/weather/ updated daily
- http://www.irishtimes.com/weather and click the Weather link from the Irish Times
- Latest Forecast for Ireland on RTE Aertel (teletext version)
- Sea Area Forecast on Aertel
- Gale Warning on Aertel
- Irish Weather Forecasts and Satellite Maps from the Interactive Travel Guide to Ireland
- Meteorology and Climate Centre at UCD offering BSc and MSc courses in Meteorology
Irish Weather Discussion Groups
- Irish Weather Network Amature Weather stations and discussion fourm
- Weather Forum on boards.ie
- AGMET Joint Working Group on Applied Agricultural Meteorology (AGMET)
Irish Science Sites
- IPCC - Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- C41 - Irish Group on Climate change
- Change.ie - Government web site on handling change
- The Physics of Climate Change : What we know and what we are uncertain about - 2016 Statutory Public Lecture of the School of Cosmic Physics by Professor Tim Palmer (University of Oxford) on Thursday 24 Nov 2016 at Trinity College Dublin.
- METEOSAT High Res Visible Picture Met Éireann
- METEOSAT Infra-Red Picture Met Éireann
- Latest METEOSAT Satellite Picture from the University of Nottingham.
- Colour METEOSAT Satellite images from Meteo France
- High resolution NOAA Satellite Pictures from the NERC Station at the University of Dundee. Free registration.
- METEOSAT images up to the full resolution of 2500 x 2500 pixels and some images from GOES(USA) and GMS(Japan) also from Dundee.
- Animation loop of Ireland and UK from the BBC Weather.
- ESA: The European Space Agency has developed satellite Sentinel-3A, successfully launched from Plesetsk in Russia on 16 Feb 2016, has started its in-orbit Earth observation. This is the third ESA-developed satellite carrying four Earth-observing instruments ready to provide a ‘bigger picture' for Europe's Copernicus environment programme.
- Radar Animation from Met Éireann
- Radar Animation of Ireland and UK from the BBC Weather.
- Radar animation from the UK Met Office
- European Radar Animation from the Netherlands including overlays on radar on Google Earth
- High Resolution Forecast Charts from ECMWF.
- The Swiss http://www.westwind.ch site. Comprehensive collection of charts, satellite, radar and observation sources.
- Another Swiss Site Meteoblue with excellent graphics
- Surface Analysis and Forecast Charts from the UK Met Office, Exeter
- Weather Maps and links from Wetterzentrale at the University of Karlsruhe, Germany.
- Irish Observations and Buoy reports from Met Éireann
- Data Buoy Home at the Marine Institute (http://www.marine.ie)
- Wide Weather Summaries from 1995 (including Ireland). Dept. of Meteorology, Reading University
- Data Buoy Data around Ireland and the UK from NOAA
- National Hurricane Centre , Miami . Official NOAA website. All the information on Hurrcianes including tracks and satellite imagery.
- C4I Community Climate Change Consortium for Ireland - research into Climate Change in Ireland
- IPCC Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Summary Scientific Report issued in Feb 2007
- Hadley Centre at the UK Met Office
- Climate Change Myths from the Met Office
Sources of Meteorological Data
- Met Éireann very high resolution climate reanalysis for Ireland (MÉRA)
- Editor of Weather's Home Page: A useful collection of sources of weather information updated weekly from Roger Brugge. Also European and British Isles weather sources
- Ant Veal's Weather Centre . A large collection of links including charts, forecasts and soundings
- For a comprehensive list of Weather Sources for Ireland and the UK see Roger Brugge's i.html" title="http://www.met.rdg.ac.uk/~brugge/bi.html" rel="nofollow">Sources of British Isles Data
- The Met Office Web site of the UK Meteorological Office.
- Weatherjack's Web site with a focus on Gliding
- Weathercharts.org wide selection of charts
Learned Societies, Centres and Organisations
- The Royal Meteorological Society: Home page of the RMS.
- American Meteorological Society
- International Association of Broadcast Meteorology
- Irish Environmental History Network (IEHN) http://www.tcd.ie/longroomhub/iehn/
- Science Ireland - Ireland's science and technology news, events and information website
- TAFS, METARS and other Airport Information from Tom Dawes Gamble. Free registration.
- AvBrief.com subscription site with free content (registration required)
- Weather page on the Flying in Ireland Web Site
- El Nino Update from the World Meteorological Organisation
- EARTHWORKS on-line database of job opportunities including Meteorology
'The uk.sci.weather newsgroup is a useful place to get some of the latest information about weather. Monthly data are often posted here by Roger Brugge and others.'